Wilderwood’s facility, with its covered arena, covered round yard, covered and heated stable complex, indoor classroom, and beautiful grounds is well-placed to hold clinics, seminars, and workshops.
In keeping with Wilderwood’s mission to educate the community about horses and autism, we can provide educators to lead professional development sessions and consult to businesses, individuals, programs, or projects that need autistic expertise.
Our consultants and facilities can handle multiple educational and informational opportunities, including:
- Equine seminars and workshops
- Veterinary clinics
- Educational sessions
- Horse-training and informational events
- Autism consultation and speaking
- Solar-lit covered arena: this light, airy space blends the best of indoors and outdoors and affords beautiful views over the Bosque and the Manzano mountains.
- Covered round yard: with unique and innovative shade sails to protect from heat, sun, and rain, it is also solar-lit. A place for retreat and focus, the round yard is an ideal location for meditative experience work or focused reflective practices.
- Indoor classroom: with AV equipment, whiteboards, moveable tables, the classroom can seat up to 15 participants.
- Outdoor classroom: raised stage and covered podium, the outdoor classroom is ideal for small gatherings in a semi-private walled garden.
- Indoor stables: features six stalls along with hay, tack, and feed rooms and wide breezeway. Fans, high ceilings, and wide double-doors keep the stables cool in summer while radiant heating warms it in winter.
- Outdoor stalls: enclosed on three sides and adjacent to the classroom, the outdoor stalls are ideal for equine veterinary presentations and small hands-on workshops.
- Onsite parking: Wilderwood has plenty of onsite parking with sufficient room for trailers and warm-up areas.
2023 speakers and presenters
In 2023, we are proud to be presenting the following speaker presentation and workshop opportunities.